AJOUTER

Tel : +33 (0)5.63.63.60.60

Adresse :
Rue du Collège 82000 MONTAUBAN

The former college

Arrived in 1629 in the wake of Richelieu, the Jesuits in 1676 acquired a mansion on the north-east of the city, to install their college and chapel (now St. Joseph's Church) ... Edited and expanded several times, the building with an austere architecture, is organized around two courtyards, gardens which met today disappeared. The building serves as a cannon foundry during the Revolution, and then returns into a college until 1961. It now houses the Department of Cultural Affairs, the conservatory of dance, the Tourist Office and Heritage Centre. Opened in 2008, this new space has a historical, architectural and sensitive portrait of the city.